Creative Solutions that cover your commercial real estate needs.
At Chicago Title, we understand that protecting your clients commercial investments is your first priority. Regardless of the due diligence conducted, there are significant risks that cannot be completely mitigated. A commercial title insurance policy from Chicago Title is creatively designed by our team of industry experts to ensure no matter what the situation we deliver comprehensive protection you can bank on for both you and your client. Your clients look to you for sound legal advice and support in navigating their commercial real estate investment needs. Legal professionals across Canada look to Chicago Title to provide creative solutions that ensure exceptional experiences on every single commercial real estate transaction.
What is Title Insurance
Commercial Title Insurance provides coverage for over 6 residential family units, industrial and commercial units including farms and properties under development
- It is a contract of insurance between the insured and the title insurance company, entered into to indemnify loss or damage resulting from defects or problems relating to the ownership of real property, or from the enforcement of liens that exist against it.
- In return for payment of a one-time premium, the title insurance company agrees to defend the insured from future losses arising because of defects or events that occurred prior to the time the policy was issued.
- The amount of coverage is based on the face value of the policy and may increase according to the terms of the policy.
- Duty to Defend – The Duty to Defend goes beyond the indemnification of the insured when a claim is presented. As the title insurer, we are responsible for any costs, legal and/or notarial fees, and expenses incurred in the defense of an insured risk, including the title itself or the charge against the title
- No Fault Coverage – The Insured is indemnified for losses by the Company regardless of fault in the incident generating losses. By proving their loss, the insured may present a valid claim.
Key advantages that Chicago Title offers our partners:
- Local knowledge and expertise allows us to effectively underwrite regional specific commercial title matters;
- Experience which allows us to understand and underwrite your most complex commercial title matters in a creative and solutions-oriented manner.
- A proven ability to work with you to build transaction specific policies using our extensive endorsement library;
- Service focused team underwrites and processes your orders in a timely and responsive manner, allowing you to meet your clients’ expectations; and
- Competitive pricing.
Our Commercial Title Insurance Solutions
For a competitive, one-time premium, an Owner’s Title Insurance Policy provides protection for both the purchaser or owner of commercial real estate against real estate fraud and title defects. At Chicago Title we work closely with our partners to build creative solutions that provide the right protection based on the requirements of the individual transaction. The policy remains in effect for as long as one retains an interest in the property, offering your clients comfort that title is protected now and for years to come.
For a competitive, one-time premium, a Lender’s Title Insurance Policy provides Lenders with protection on commercial real estate investments. At Chicago Title we work closely with our partners to build creative solutions that provide the right protection for you and your clients based on the requirements of the individual transaction. The policy remains in effect for as long as mortgage is registered on Title.
Tips to ensure a seamless ordering experience
- Ensure that all client and entity names are entered accurately.
- Ensure that all values are inputted accurately in the appropriate fields.
- Ensure you read all of the questions carefully and provide complete details when requested.
- Ensure you only complete the relevant questions and fields for your specific transaction.
Get to Know Commercial Sales Team